Shattered Crystal Banner 1

Shattered Crystal

Friday, November 18, 2011

UDK Project!

Well, the room-mate has been trying to use the Unreal Development Kit in order to incorporate top down models for his table top gaming adventures.  As such I'm going to try starting a project in the same vein and hopefully simultaneously create a step by step guide along the way.


Now the first step is obviously to download the most recent version of the UDK, but while that's happening I'm also going to make sure I have my text editor up to speed.  As it happens, I have a registered copy of Ultra Edit, so I'm going to make sure it's up to date as well before getting started.  Though to be honest, it probably doesn't need to be to just edit code.  I just like it because it was originally free I believe, or extremely inexpensive at the time of purchase about 10 years ago.  Give it a try if you need a simple editor.

2 comments:

  1. What language is the Unreal written in? I personally like Textwrangler (when I'm on OSX) or Notepad++ for simple, free text editors. Eclipse is really nice and has many features that predictively suggest code depending on the language. It's also free but a bit of a memory hog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The core language appears to be C+. I'm taking closer looks at it to determine what libraries I might build for other projects I've thought about doing.

    ReplyDelete